The vaccines that will help protect us from COVID-19 are now being rolled out across Scotland. When offered the vaccine please get it. Here are the key reasons why you should get a vaccine:
1. The vaccines have been through rigorous clinical trials and the same safety checks as any other
2. They have been proven as safe and effective for use in the UK by the Independent Scientific Advisory Committee, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), and licensed for use by the regulatory body MHRA
3. Getting the vaccine is the best way to protect yourself, others and our NHS from COVID-19
4. The vaccine is our best way out of coronavirus, offering protection that until now has not been available
5. You do not have to do anything, or contact your GP, you will be contacted when it is your turn to get the vaccine
6. The vaccine programme is dependent on the quantity of vaccine available. As we get the vaccine we will call forward groups in priority order
7. The vaccination programme brings hope and encouragement that we can all eventually get back to the things that we miss the most It is important that whilst we wait to be vaccinated that we stick to FACTS and adhere to the latest Government guidance to protect ourselves and others.
Please click link below to see further information on the vaccination.
Covid Vaccination Passport Certificate
Please do not contact your GP Practice to ask for a Covid vaccination passport or status certificate we will not be able to provide any standard document.
Your vaccination status is a record of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you have received.
Your status includes your name, date of birth, and any coronavirus vaccinations you have received in Scotland.
How to get your vaccination status
You can request a printed copy of your vaccination status online or by phoning the COVID-19 Status Helpline - 0808 196 8565
If you have previously downloaded your coronavirus vaccination status letter, you will need to request a new printed copy.
COVID VACCINATION STATUS
Proof of recovery from coronavirus
If you're travelling internationally and are not fully vaccinated, some countries may accept proof of recovery from coronavirus. Usually this must be a PCR test result. But some countries may accept a private, supervised LFD test result instead.
You can download or request a record of recovery online if you're aged 16 or over. If you're under 16, you can phone the COVID Status Helpline on 0808 196 8565 to request a copy.
For any further information please visit NHS Inform online.